Fox tales #3
Back-yard developers and other UX
When the garden was still a question mark on my to-do list, I had the ill-considered plan to sow wildflowers in it. Those who are curious know that we like to let things take their own course, so I bought a bag of "mixed seeds" from the hardware store and filled up the entire yard.
Two aspects are important when testing someone's curiosity: the first is the extent to which you actively seek out novelties and the second is the extent to which you embrace the new. The same goes for user testing: some customers know what they want, others are "just browsing" - like me. I had no idea what was ín the bag, except that it was going to be wild. The rest would remain a surprise.
A few weeks later the first flowers appeared. Poppies, cow parsley and all the other beautiful things that grow along the highway. Already longing for the next big thing, I waited for the rest to emerge. I maintained nothing. I did not prune, I let it all happen.
And then it happened. Thistles, nettles, aphids, ... The whole garden was overgrown. "You reap what you sow,", or so the saying goes. Well so do weeds, critics and bugs.
Many philosophers claim that curiosity is the beginning of everything. But if that's the case then curiosity can also lead to nothing.
Continuously more plants came in rapid succession. When you?d lay down on your back in the grass, you saw how a continuous battle took place. For soil, for light, for the best spot on the fence. To get out you had to trample entire worlds. There was no escaping it. I had to violently pull the uncontrolled wilderness out of the ground to save our garden- and maintain my curiosity to start over and try again.
Growing your business is similar to growing a garden: it takes curiosity, experimentation, and testing to build a living brand. If you're stuck, start with nature. Still stuck? Give us a call. Foxes prove to be a natural remedy, for garden- and business challenges alike ;).
- Sometimes what we already know isn?t the smartest solution to our needs. The same goes for banking. mozzeno developed a new way of lending money: smarter. Without detours. It?s about time we knew about it.
- We?re looking for an Art Director. A very good one.
- In Limburg, we make things right. It?s where the sun shines first. The place we can call home. Spring starts in the east. Our new campaign encourages visitors to make it right in Limburg.
- One client we?re truly proud of is Ecoo. This Belgian recycling company keeps plastic waste out of landfills, into our gardens. Their new website explains why that?s actually a good thing.
What inspired us
- ?What we have now is a culture that responds to fear with confrontation for the things they do not like, and we need a culture that responds to fear with innovation.? Forget about that garden, let?s build a farm.
- Dr. Friluftsliv will see you now. Step outside your office and move your life outside like the Norwegians do.
- Sometimes you have to let things take their course. Curiosity turns out to be the building block for innovation.
- ?Never let a good crisis go to waste,? said Winston Churchill. Our advice: try to use this spare time to listen to your clients. Discover what they love and hate about your brand. And do something about it.
More fox tales
Good communication may not solve all your problems, but bad communication sure won’t help you fix them.
Is de liefde voor het werk voorbij?
5 suggesties hoe betere ‘employer brands’ het weer goed kunnen maken tussen kenniswerkers en hun job.
Er is plaats voor een fulltime copywriter in het vossenhol! Vul jij de gezelligste stoel van Maastricht in? Je bureau staat al klaar: Pen, papier, eindeloze voorraad post-its, laptop, verse koffie,... nog iets?
Fox tales #4
Tell it like it is
Branding is a personal business
Brands are living things. Their reason for existing and adapting to changing client needs, is closely connected to the people behind them.
Not choosing is still a choice
When your brand needs refocus, making choices is the first step.
Fox tales #3
Back-yard developers and other UX
Making it right in Limburg
Making it right in Limburg This Spring, we take a fresh start for Limburg. Our new campaign encourages visitors to make it right in Limburg by painting it as a top-of-heart destination.
Fox tales #2
Welcome to the dark side (of your home office)
Where creativity and strategy meet
As a Creative Director, Maarten sets the standard that guides all creative work. Together with Simon, he will make sure your work stands out.
877,400 locals rediscover Limburg
When tourism turns into lockdown, we're left with only two choices. One, sit back and relax until tourists start making their way back. Or two, roll up your sleeves and take action.
Fox tales #1
There is a light and it never goes out. Welcome to the roaring twenties.
Welcome navigator Jeroen
When clients become colleagues, you know you?re doing things right. Jeroen makes great work smarter and will strengthen our team as a fox.
Welcome word dancer Heleen
In June 2019, we met Heleen in a workshop. Two years later, the shopping was over and she decided to come work part-time for the foxes.
Change of coat, but not their tricks
With Jan as our new skulk leader, Simon can fully focus on what he likes most: guiding brands on their journey and helping tell their story.
Brightening the future with fake news
Forget trend reports, fake news is the next big thing. Guided by our cards, we predict 10 conspiracy theories that you will actually want to believe in in 2021.